- Comprehensive hearing assessments for children (from 6 months) and adults.
- Hearing aid advice, selection, fitting and evaluation.
- Hearing aid adjustment, parts, accessories and repair.
- Pre-implantation hearing evaluation, counselling, aid optimisation, follow-up services and fine-tuning for implantable devices (BAHA).
- Custom made water, music, noise protection and personal audio ear-plugs.
- Pre-employment and diving evaluation.
- Monitoring of hearing.Assistive listening accessories.
- Noise induced hearing
- loss assessment, loss calculation and report.
- Training to improve speech discrimination and recognition.
Hearing Easy Audiology Clinic is also an accredited service provider under the Australian Governemnt Hearing Services Program - able to offer a comprehensive list of services to eligible persons free of charge.
You may be eligible for teh Program if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident over the age of 21 and are:
- a Pensioner Concession Card Holder
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
- the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- a member of the Australian Defence Force or
- undergoing an Australian Government funded vocational rehabilitation service,
For voucher application please call (02) 80651609, visit your Doctor or call the Office of Hearing Services on 1800 500 726.
If you are aged between 21 and 25, please contact the Office on 1800 500 726 or 1800 500 496 (TTY) as you may be eligible for services under the Community Service Obligations program provided by Australian Hearing.
NOISE and MUSIC
Some will no doubt be very surprised to know that symphonic music can peak at 120dB, well above the safe sound levels.
Excessive exposure to musical noise can cause permanent hearing damage.
A common concern for musicians is that ear protection may reduce the quality of music.
This is true for generic, disposable earplugs.
However, purpose designed and custom-made musician earplugs provide accurate sound dampening through purpose engineered acoustic filters.
There are different filter types and they are chosen with consideration for the instrument.
Custom made earplugs allow vocalists, guitarists, percussionists, music lovers and concert-goers, to enjoy music without sound distortion and to protect their hearing from the damaging affects of very loud sounds.